Monday, January 5, 2009

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year (late)

Well, I just realized it has been a month since I have posted anything. December got away from me. We had a great Christmas! The kids loved it. We were all blessed with more than we deserve. Our time together as a family is so important to me right now. So many changes are happening with my family, but I am so thankful for my precious children and loving husband.

We started some new traditions this year. On New Years we all said our favorite memories of 2008. It was so neat to review the year together, and to hear what stuck out in Brendan and Kaitlyn's mind. Of course, Disney World was on everyone's list. Brendan's favorite memories were winning the spelling bee, starting karate, and other family moments. Kaitlyn's were getting presents at Christmas (we are still working on the true meaning of Christmas. She knows the story, but the presents were too fresh in her mind. She's 5, what can I say), anyway, starting gymnastics, going to Mrs. Carrie's for school, and some other family moments. I know these times won't last for very long, you know, when their favorite memories include mom and dad. But right now I cherish them and will always hold them close to my heart.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

That is a great tradition. I feel honored that we were mentioned :)