Thursday, January 22, 2009

Too cute!

Since the first Wednesday in January we have started doing "home church" (we try to do more than just "good night" prayers and spend more time reading and talking about the bible) on Wednesday nights. Because of schedules and weather, it has been better to stay home. Anyway, it has been very interesting to see the Bible through my kids eyes. Brendan told us last week that he wanted to preach. He did the devotion part and did a very good job.

Last night Jason read the scriptures about us being like trees and needing to bear good fruit. Not realizing it, Jason, me and Brendan continued to talk about it while Kaitlyn just listened. So Jason tried to get her involved. He asked her what are some of the good fruit we should bear. Her answer, "oranges". It cracked me up. So we had to go back and explain the fruits of the spirit to her.

We also all give prayer request and each of us take a turn to pray. Kaitlyn's prayers are always the longest and priceless. I wish I could record her without her knowing it. Last night she prayed that Jason would get one million dollars. We couldn't help but laugh. But it was so heartfelt. Hopefully God will honor that prayer!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I just want Kaitlyn to remember us in her generous prayers!!!
She mentioned "home church" today and I wanted to ask you about it but forgot. I think that is great!!! A great bonding time for the family. On Sundays we go to our separate classes and on Wednesdays we have our own "home church" time. I love it! Maybe we can home church together! ha ha!!!!
I had something to share with you about Wednesdays, I will email it to you....

Karen said...

That is so sweet and such a good family tradition to start! You are sowing seeds in your children's lives that will reap great things in their future.

Maybe a microphone behind the couch would work??